Wednesday 1 August 2007

Friday 27th July: The Wedding day 7k

Result - 4th

Race Report:

Having trained hard all week and not eased up in the slightest for the race I wasn't planning to do anything silly and decided just to use the race as a tempo run. Famous last words. After a terrible start I was boxed in for over half a kilometre, then finally when a gap appeared I flew through the pack hitting the front at almost a sprint! I was joined in setting the pace by a guy who I would later discover was an Australian international triathlete. By the time I got to half way my legs felt like jelly and the controlled tempo run was out the window. I faded to fifth but managed to nab 4th place on the line. Not quite the session I wanted but at least I got a £10 fish and chip voucher out of it!!!

No comments: