Tuesday 28 August 2007

Sat 4th August - Southern Men's League Hemel Hempstead 5k

Result - 1st

Race Report:

After training really well in the week leading up to the race I was looking forward to challenging my personal best. Unfortunately it was 30 degrees and for some reason the longest race is always scheduled at the height of the day. Not being a fan of the heat I decided to run tactically. I happily tucked in behind the leader and all was good for 5 laps when the guy in front decided he'd had enough pulled into lane 4 and slowed right down. I thought he was pulling out but soon realised he'd had enough of setting the pace. I decided two can play at being silly buggers and sprinted for 75 metres to get rid of him then settled back down and paced the race to the end. Needless to say the guy in second was not to happy with how the race went!

No comments: