Tuesday 6 November 2007

Saturday 3rd November: Reigate Priory Cross Country Relays

Race Report:

A fast 2.5 mile 6 legged relay, on an interesting course consisting of a couple of steep climbs and one long downhill section. I chose to go off on the second leg, hoping to be in contact with the leaders, with the intention of using them as targets and avoiding the scrum of flying elbows that occurs on the first leg. I set off in eleventh place twenty metres down on a guy I had some hard races against in the previous cross country season. We both moved through the finish well but frustratingly the gap remained the same throughout. I had moved the team up to third and ran the fifth fastest leg of the day. I was slightly disappointed but I was only sixteen seconds off the fastest leg, and I was aware that I was lacking a little bit of speed as my training has been aimed at races of twice the distance and more, but it was a good work out and I hoped it had warmed me up for Sundays race.

No comments: