Monday 4 February 2008

28th January - 2nd February

Training Report:

Having felt completely drained from my Parliament Hill excursion I gave myself the day off. I knew it would do me no harm and my legs were shot from running three quarters of a race without all the oxygen they required. By Monday they had recovered but I took things a little easier than normal as a precaution. But on Monday evening I started to feel a bit under the weather. Tuesday morning I woke early to do a short run and I felt a bit groggy throughout. I then headed off to London to see my Glassworks posse and make sure they knew I was running and not just kicking back every day watching the TV and eating pizza, which is what a few of them think I do! By the time I got back home I developed a full on head cold, and I was hoping and praying it wouldn't develop into a major case of man flu! I don't think it fully developed into man flu but it did knock me out for a good few days, and I didn't even attempt a run until Saturday which was very frustrating. You think it's just a sore throat and a snotty nose but I knew if I ran it would add an extra day to my recovery, and the actual run would be a load of rubbish anyway, so it would have no positive effect on my progress what so ever! Saturdays run was not fun at all, and was possibly half a day early, but I'm hoping by Monday to be fully fit and raring to go again.

No comments: