Tuesday 9 September 2008

Interim Report

Sometimes things happen that make you take a close look at what your doing from a different perspective. A sudden shock, a bolt from the blue that makes you stop, and take stock of where your going and what you’re doing. In a moment every thing you've achieved can seem meaningless, I've questioned what I'm doing many times in the past, and I've always felt I'm doing the right thing, that I'm on the right path to achieving what I want from life, be it my personal life or my running career.
However I've often felt with my running that I've just been going through the motions. I've been told to run from A to B, and I've done it. I've not done anything less, but sadly I've not done anything more. I've known what I wanted to do, and I know how to do it, but sometimes I've fell short from crossing those T's and dotting them I’s. It's taken so much effort to get the basics done and done well, that putting that cherry on the top has seemed one step to far.
When you face a tragedy in your life, it knocks you back and drags you down. But often good can come form the worst of times. It makes you look deep inside and evaluate every thing you do with your day, your week, and your life. I know now all too well that the next moment may be my last so use it must be used wisely, I have to make the most of it. I wish it didn't have to take such a terrible, tragic moment to enable me to start dotting my I's and crossing the T's. It goes without saying that I would go back to bumbling along, without making the absolute most of every opportunity as I was before it all in a heart beat, but I guess things happen that you can't control.
I know I need to make the most of every opportunity I have, and this is definitely a big one, as Will would without doubt have done. I will make the most of every thing I do, and make the most of every one I do it with. I'm going to put the biggest cherry on the top of every session every day. No stone will go unturned, so I can get the very best out of what I've got. To give my all is surly the least I can do.

No comments: