Wednesday 19 December 2007

10th - 16th December

Training Report:

This week has been very quiet, I'm well into my winters training, and (touch wood) I still seem to be making good progress.
The cold spell we've been having makes my morning runs a lot more enjoyable, but tends to make my evening sessions a little harder. Running first thing, with the morning sun, and faint fog of my breath steaming out ahead of me, seems to make me feel more aware of who I am and what I'm doing and at this time of year makes you really feel that Christmas spirit. On the other hand, once darkness descends and you're forced to pound the pavements things don't seem so fun.

From a running point of view most of my harder sessions are in the evening and great lung fulls of cold air don't tend to make the whole oxygen intake thing a pleasure. Add to this the feel good Christmas spirit manifesting itself in neon signs of bells swinging and inflatable snowmen perched precariously on roof tops, and it all seems hard work, especially when I could be at home in front of the fire eating mince pies!

Like the Glassworks clan I to went away for the weekend. Unlike the hedonistic adventures that awaited them in Amsterdam I headed for a chocolate box cottage on the Isle of Wight! A change of scene is always good, and as much as I love my tried and tested loops from home it does tend to get a little repetitive, so new roads and trails are always an exciting change.
I reckon on my weekend I gave the Glassworks lot a run for their money on who could eat the most, I'm a hundred percent sure they drank the most, and as for what went on into the wee small hours, I was glad to be in bed with a cuppa tea! That's my full time athlete head talking, my party boy head gets me into way to much trouble!

No comments: