Tuesday 15 January 2008

6th - 11th January

Training Report:

This week my body truly felt the effects of pushing it really hard at the county championships. My legs were really sore for two days and a massive cramp in my hamstring on Saturday evening didn't help matters! Added to this the fact I picked up a bit of a foot injury due to not tying my shoe lace up properly in the race - always use a double knot! So I had two days of stretching, walking and baths. Hard work as you can imagine! By Tuesday I felt my legs were getting back to their old selves and I hit back into hard training as normal.

3 x 2000 metres into a howling head wind isn't my usual choice for a first proper run after a rest, but it was duly dispatched. As were the rest of the week's runs. With a league match on Saturday I was a little unsure of how to approach my training on Thursday and Friday. As I'd eased back so much for the Surrey's I decided to train hard and not ease back, and hope for the best!

No comments: