Wednesday 19 September 2007

Monday 10th September

Training Report:

Having successfully upped my mileage I felt it was important to start re-introducing better quality and more intense gym
sessions into my programme. I'm not a big fan of gym work, I can rattle off a 20 x 400 metre track session no problem but my concentration span does not run to picking up a weight 12 times and putting it back down! I try to do exercises that work the specific muscles I use whilst running and today it was the turn of the core muscles, which amongst other things are important
in helping maintain a good running posture. By the end of the day I was shattered, two steady 45 minute runs interspersed with a two hour gym session. Added to this was an hour and a half coaching session I do with my club for kids aged between 6 and 10 years old. Unsurpisingly I was in bed before 9:30!

No comments: