Monday 24 September 2007

Thursday 20th September

Training Report:

Wednesdays sessions went well again, two 45 minute runs and a gym session. I was buzzing with the way the training was going and how fast and strong I was feeling. However Thursday was a different matter, my gentle 20 - 30 minute morning run was a real struggle but I felt fine within myself so set off to do my pm session of 3 x 2 miles on the road. I felt tired on my warm up which was a bad sign, but kept going and a mile into my first rep my back began to stiffen up so I stopped to stretch it out. My body was glad to stop; it felt tired and I had lost all motivation to run. I jogged back to the track feeling quite sorry for myself! As the evening progressed I started to develop a sore throat and woke up Friday morning with a full blown cold. In many ways it was a relief it was just a sniffle that had left me tired and nothing more. Having learnt a valuable lesson earlier in the summer I again took the weekend off. Just doing some stretching and eating and drinking to get the cold out of my system. A second weekend off is very frustrating but its better to miss two or three days than 1 or 2 weeks.

No comments: