Wednesday 5 September 2007

Sunday 2nd September: Race Dry Hill 10 miles

Result - 1st

Race Report:

With the cross country season fast approaching and a planned half marathon in early October, the Dry Hill 10 was the perfect race to incorporate both. Run mainly off road on muddy tracks and ploughed fields it was going to be a good test of my strength. Add to this a healthy number of steep climbs and an extremely testing race was assured. I decided to go off quite hard so immediately hit the front, and that was the last time I saw any of the opposition. I could hear the second placed man's footsteps till the 4 mile point but didn't turn round to look, you can't show signs of weakness! A near sprint down a steep decline and I was out of ear shot and able to relax and push on to the finish. I completed the course in 58.26 which is not that fast for 10 miles but when you take into account the under foot conditions and extremely undulating course it was a pleasing solo run, which I hope shows signs of promise for future races.

No comments: