Wednesday 19 September 2007

Thursday 13th September

Training Report:

After a slow run in the morning I completed a tempo round Richmond park. A ten minute slow warm up run followed by twenty minutes of hard solid running at around 10k pace and a fifteen minute warm down. Unfortunately a stray deer on the path slowed me down. I wasn't feeling great, my legs felt heavy and I wasn't finishing the tempo section of the run feeling that I could have kept going. I had run well on Wednesday but my track session on Tuesday was tougher than it should have been. I took the decision to do a more gentle session on Friday and have the weekend off. Terrible I know! But I was beginning to feel a little run down (no pun intended!) and felt my mind as well as my body could do with a little break. Possibly I upped the intensity of my Monday and Wednesday gym sessions too much and paid for it the next day. Its very difficult walking that tightrope between pushing your body, which you always want to do in order to get better and better results, and pushing it that bit too much and having the training you do actually have a negative effect on your progress. Needless to say I had a very enjoyable, 'normal' weekend for once!

No comments: