Tuesday 30 October 2007

East Surrey League Cross Country

Result - 2nd

Race Report:

With the race being held in Lloyd Park in Croydon - my favourite cross country course and home to the Surrey Championships in January - I was looking forward to tackling the mud for the first time this season. Unfortunately I didn't have a very professional build up to the race. I'd ordered new cross country spikes in the week, but they hadn't arrived, so I was forced to use my track spikes which wasn't ideal. And I also managed to forget to pack my club vest. Fortunately one of my team mates had a spare, unfortunatley it was a lady and a petite lady at that! Let's just say it was something of a snug fit! I'm quite often the butt of a lot of jokes at my club, but I now know my fate is sealed, probably for the rest of my life, as the fastest cross dresser in the land! The race went ok. I finished second less than thirty metres adrift. My legs had felt very tired, especially on the hills, a result of a hard weeks training and for sure my Box Hill session. But my time over the course shows some progress which is encouraging. I promise one of these days I'll do a race where everything's perfect. Maybe not next week as I'm planning on training hard all week again, but fingers crossed for the week after!

No comments: