Monday 22 October 2007

Monday 15th October

Training Report:

After being so disappointed by my race in Cardiff, training was the last thing I really wanted to do. My legs didn't fancy it either as they had seized up on the drive home. My quads had got very tight so I just did some light stretching and had a hot bath and I slept for most of the afternoon. I knew I had to stop feeling sorry for myself and although I'd had a bad race - and that it was ultimately my mistake that caused it - these things happen and I'd learnt a good lesson. The poor showing had nothing to do with my fitness and if anything it showed I'm in good form, producing a solid run in bad circumstances. So at nine o'clock I pulled on my shoes and headed out for a twenty minute recovery run. Every thing felt back to normal, having run for seventy one minutes in Cardiff and not really enjoyed a second of it I knew twenty minutes wasn't enough and that the pace wasn't as quick as I wanted to go, so the recovery run soon turned into a forty minute tempo session. I was enjoying running and Cardiff was long forgotten.

No comments: