Monday 22 October 2007

Tuesday 16th - Saturday 20th October

Training Report:

Training for the rest of the week went really well. It was probably the best week I've had. Tuesday's track session of 4 x 1600 metres was a breeze. I felt strong and relaxed doing two ten mile runs on Wednesday. Thursday was a punishing hill session on Epsom Downs and an easy evening run. Friday's 5 and 8 mile runs went well. By this time of the week I'm normally tired making small changes to my schedule, with regards to the intensity that I would complete a run in, as well as that runs total distance and would wish away the rest of the week so I could take a rest come Monday. But I was enjoying every run, I sometimes felt tired during the sessions but once I was finished and had refuelled all I could think about was the next one. Saturday's tempo session was hard, a 1.5 mile loop followed by a 3 mile loop and to finish another 1.5 mile loop, all at a solid tempo speed of my 5k race pace for the shorter loops and my 10k pace for the longer one. My confidence in my running and fitness continues to grow almost daily, and I'll take the occasional bad race if I can get a week's training like that again, but only the very occasional one!

No comments: