Monday 1 October 2007

Thursday 27th September

Training Report:

A morning tempo session. The idea is to run at your 10k pace in order to get your body used to that tempo and to make the run hard but not at its absolute max for the distance. A 3 and a half mile loop with a five minute jog recovery in between laps. The first lap was completed comfortably in 17.06 but the second lap was a little harder. The cold air temp and strong breeze was causing my sinuses real problems. Half the lap was run with one of the worst ice cream headaches I've ever had. I was only 30
seconds slower which was good but it took a couple of hours for my head to recover. As a result of my headache I think I neglected my food and drink intake, and paid the price during my easy pm run in which I found myself falling off the back of the group and feeling weak and lightheaded. Fortunately one of my training partners always seems to have an abundance of
food at his disposal so a quick cheese sandwich and a Lucozade had me recovered quickly.

No comments: